Friday, February 10, 2006

This day rocks!

Okay, this whole fake spring thing is really great! Customers are coming into the store again and they are actually buying stuff!!! Everyone seems to be in really good moods and are being as chatty as me! I LOVE that! I don't feel so weird when other people don't shut up too!

THEN, right after my boss showed up, all of the power went off! We were all running around to the other shops in the area to talk to them, and the power was off there as well! I guess the guys who are doing the retrofitting on the draw bridge had cut into the main powerline! Half of the neighborhood was without power! That didn't stop the customers though. They were trying on clothing in the dark! haha! We didn't make any sales though. Try as they may, they couldn't see themselves well enough to tell if the clothing looked good or not.

My boss and I decided that since it was such a beautiful day, that we were just going to play hookie, so we closed at 3:00! I took the long way home and went downtown and walked around! It was so nice!

I hope this weather stays good for awhile! This grumpy ol' town needs it!

2 comments:

Frisbee Girl said...

Anne-uh-Anne-uh-BANANA!!

I'm so glad you're writing here! YAY!

SOooooo feel you on the weather thing. The weather here has been stooopit awesome. Makes people so nice. Love it. Loveit. LOVEIT!!

YAY!

Did I say 'YAY' yet?

annetastic! said...

Yeah! Isn't it wonderful how nice people get when the weather is nice! I just wanna bit 'em! :)