Monday, March 06, 2006

Boy, oh boy!

I went to the first softball meeting of the season last night! I'm very excited!

This is my first time playing with the Cafe Venus team, Venus Envy. I've wanted to for years, but I always had to work on Sundays, and last year I just missed the sign-up. This year, nothing is going to stop me!!!

I guess this team only won one game last year, but I was assured that our team has more fun than the teams who kick our asses. That's really all that matters to me. I'm not super competitive, bI just like to play! I've not been on a team in years and years.

There's a story that my father loves to tell about me playing softball when I was in 3rd grade. I was up to bat and hit a line drive that hit the shortstop in the face, she went down, and the ball kept going. I was so upset that I'd hurt someone that I started crying. Although I was upset, it was a home run and I knew that it was my job to run the bases anyway. When i got back home, the mother of the shortstop was comforting ME instead of her daughter 'cause I was so upset about it. Yeah, I was a sensitive child. What I didn't know until last week is that I was so upset about it, I refused to play softball anymore. The coach was callng our house trying to get me to change my mind as I was the clean-up hitter. I guess I just refused.

I really hope that I don't hurt anyone this season!

No comments: