Sunday, March 16, 2008

Alone together.

I have never had to deal with someone else's depression to such a degree before. I don't think I'm any good at it. In fact, I think I suck at it and make things worse.
I want to be supportive, and think I am trying, but seem to always say the wrong things, or say them the wrong way. Sometimes, I feel like apologizing for asking how his day was, or how he's feeling. I wish I could figure it out.
He's been working for the past few days, but comes home really tired and I am supposed to cater to him or something. Well, as much as I'd love to help, I too work a lot. And hard! I get really tired after being on my feet on concrete for 8.5 hours! Maybe I want to be catered to?

I don't want to sound sexist, but has anyone else noticed that men are pretty fucking delicate? When he is sore, it's like the end of the world! When I am sore, I will say "ow" if I move funny, but I am still a friendly person. I just buck up and tough it out. I've noticed this in other men I've been around too, so I don't think it's just him. But JEEZ, we're old! We are gonna hurt a lot more often now!

But anyway, back to his being depressed. How do you keep believing that the person loves you when they don't touch you hardly ever let alone even look at you? If I feel insecure about it and say something, he gets upset and defensive. Yeah, that makes me feel MUCH more secure, doesn't it? What am I supposed to do? Just blindly believe? What if he IS getting sick of me? Do I just end up humiliated? Fuck. I hate this.

I want a handbook on how to live with and stay in love with a depressed person!!!!

No comments: