Saturday, March 08, 2008

I hate you voice of reason! You suck!

Well, poop. I do really want to go to Port Townsend, but the stupid voice of reason showed up this morning and reminded me that I still have a lot of stuff to do around the house. I still need to finish a bunch of those bracelets, take photos and get them listed on etsy. Maybe what I'll do is save up some money and make an overnight trip out of it! That would be nicer anyway.

So, about the bracelets, I really need to get my ass in gear, don't I? I have a box of almost finished ones and I keep making more. I should start asking Steve to do the finishing sanding, though I'm sure he doesn't have the confidence to do it. I can understand that. I'd be bummed if I messed up someone else's work. But if I taught him how to do it, it'd be fine. It's just too hard to get him interested in much of anything these days, though. *sigh*

I'm getting another raise this week! Because my boss is leaving for another store, it's his last gesture to thank me for helping him out so much. He's pretty sure that the new manager is too cheap with the company's money to be handing out raises (even though I should be making much more than I am!) so he's doing this for me! Hooray! I do really need it! I'm still more or less supporting two of us, and until one of S.'s jobs actually pans out, I am going to continue to do so. This raise is small, but is going to help a ton! Yay!

No comments: