Friday, March 07, 2008

I need to get away, damnit!!!!


Okay, I love the fella, but sheesh, he needs to start acting like he likes me instead of just saying that he loves me. It makes a difference. He's nicer to people that he doesn't like than he is to those of us that he loves.

Anyhoo, I figure that I can't spend another day off sitting around wishing he'd want to do something. I don't know how to drive, so I'm figuring out a way to go somewhere cool using public transportation. There may be a way to go bus-ferry-bus and get to Port Townsend! I'd love to do that! I grew up spending my summers there camping at my uncle's beach and then going into town.
What was that movie that was filmed there? Oh yeah, Officer and a Gentleman. Yeah, that bar that someone in it fought in (I've never actually seen the whole movie)? I tripped on a crack out front and ate pavement in front of that bar when I was 11.

Port Townsend is a cool little town. Built in the Victorian era as the potential main port, but lost to Tacoma and for years became run down and mostly abandoned until the 1970s when hippies started moving out there to get cheap houses.

Now, it is fucking adorable! Lot's of shops and hopefully, still has the best ice cream shop in the world!!! And I LOVE Victorian architecture!!!!

Okay, so it seems that if I take the ferry to Bainbridge, then take the #90 to Poulsbo, I can then transfer to the #7 to Port Townsend. I have no idea how long it will take, or how much it's going to cost exactly, but it's looking like a round trip for under 12 bucks! Hooray!

I wish steve would come with, but I'd bet the fare that he won't. :(

No comments: