Saturday, March 15, 2008

Seattle, if I didn't love you, I'd hate you!




One of my favorite buildings came down today. Actually, it's coming down while I type this. I guess they waited so I'd get to see it happening. Heh.
I was certain that it'd been saved! I swear I read that they were not going to tear down the Frederick and Nelson's Stables, built in the later part of the 1800s. Apparently, only the facade will remain. At least that's something.
I am getting so tired of the way this city knocks down anything remotely cool. It all just makes me sad.



This whole neighborhood is making me sad. Sure, I am benefiting from some of it. More places to eat and drink, but so many of the buildings that I have loved over the years are disappearing.
And don't get me started on the SLUT. The name is the only good thing about it. My "low income rent" is starting to not seem so because our property taxes have been raised to pay for this thing that makes no sense for me to even use! It takes me 10 minutes to walk to work. Were I to take the SLUT, it would take me 20 minutes. Why am I paying for this thing? So people who work in this 'hood can go to lunch downtown? They'd better start thanking me for giving them a ride, damnit!

All of the cool houses will soon be gone soon, I'm sure. I don't want to leave the 'hood. I love it.






Thanks for letting me rant. I've no idea how much sense I am making. I'm just really sad. That Frederick and Nelson building would have made some really cool lofts. Now it's going to be Amazon. Feh.

No comments: