Sunday, March 30, 2008

Scooter and the Big Man busted this city in half last night



Last night was my second time seeing Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, but it felt like the first time I really saw them as The E Street band. I saw them for the first time on The Rising tour which was great, but this time it seemed more like it was Bruce and His boys (and a girl)! More like a glorified bar band! Fantastic!

Getting to see
him singing his version of Because The Night was so cool! I love that song and never really thought I'd ever get a chance to hear him doing it. And She's The One is always a great song!

It was funny, before the show, my two brothers, sister and sister-in-law (this was her first concert EVER) we were sitting in a bar talking about what songs we wanted to hear. Mine was Rosalita, and Mary said that Point Blank was the one going through her head. He had done Rosalita a few times on this tour, but not very often. I think two times before and hadn't done Point Blank at all. My brother kinda laughed and said (about that song) "Well, you never know, but I don't think he's doing that song anymore". Guess what songs he sang. Point Blank was a beautiful version!

He also did 10th Avenue Freeze Out which we weren't expecting because that new song Livin' In The Future kinda sounds a bit like it. I love the new song and accepted that I might just have to only get that one, but then he does 10th Ave during the encore!

Sheesh! I am just still really excited about that show!

We couldn't have been higher up, but thankfully, my brother lent me his binoculars (which I've never used at a rock show before) and so I got to see Clarence Clemmons sitting in his giant gold chair which even with my new glasses would not have been able to notice without the binocs!

I feel like such a nerd! After the show I went up to the bar to see S. while he was working. He knows that if I am excited about someone especially Bruce, that he should feign the same excitement so that I don't feel so nerdy. However, I was a bit TOO excited this time and most of the people who are "too cool to like bruce" were doing a lot of smiling and nodding so I just decided to go home and tell the kidda all about the show instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The scooter are very useful specially when there are traffic jump. I hater to drive my car in this days. But the scooter is a great alternative, although is necessary to be careful. Actually i visited a beautiful country and approached
costa rica investment opportunities
and i rode an scooter all the time, it was really fantastic.